If paying the application fee would cause unusual financial hardship for you or your family, you may be eligible for a waiver. Requesting a fee waiver will not disadvantage your candidacy in any way.
If paying thewould cause unusual financial hardship for you or your family, you may be eligible for a waiver.
To request a fee waiver via the, you have two options:
- Select “yes” in response to the fee waiver question within the fee/fee waiver section of the Common Application. Your college or guidance counselor must approve your fee waiver request electronically through the Common Application or via email.
- Select “yes” in response to the pre-approved fee waiver question within the Dartmouth Questions section of the Common Application.
To request a fee waiver via the elect “yes” in response to the fee waiver question within the financial aid section of the Coalition Application. Your college or guidance counselor must approve your fee waiver request by submitting a supporting document via email., s
Guidelines for Requesting an Application Fee Waiver
You must meet at least one of the following indicators of economic need:
- You have received or are eligible to receive an or testing fee waiver.
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- You have received free application assistance from one of the community-based organizations recognized by the Common Application.
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or are homeless.
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
Dartmouth Pre-Approved Fee Waivers
The following applicants are eligible for a Dartmouth pre-approved fee waiver:
- Participants in one of the Dartmouth Bound campus visitation programs.
- Veterans of the U.S. armed forces.