If my school doesn't have a counselor, who should I ask to write the recommendation traditionally written by a school counselor?

International Applications

Dartmouth requires three letters of recommendation: one from a school counselor and two from classroom teachers. If your school does not have a counselor, feel free to ask a school psychologist, principal, headmaster, other school official, or third teacher. We also suggest two optional letters of recommendation: a peer recommendation is encouraged, and an art instructor may submit a recommendation for you if you are submitting an art supplement. The letters must be written in or translated into English. Consider contacting Education USA to learn more about where to find affordable translation services.