What if my parents are divorced or separated?

General Financial Aid

According to federal regulations, only the financial information of the custodial household is reported on the FAFSA for the purposes of determining eligibility for federal aid funds. 

Dartmouth believes that both biological or adoptive parents have an obligation to contribute to their children’s college costs to the extent they are able.  Therefore, for the purposes of awarding Dartmouth scholarship funds, we also request application information from the noncustodial parent.  If you have unusual or extenuating circumstances, contact us!