What is the Federal Work-Study Program and how does Dartmouth help students to find employment to make up this part of their financial aid package?

General Financial Aid

Work-Study is a type of federal financial aid. Students eligible for Work-Study will need to find employment (usually on campus) and will receive a paycheck for the number of hours they work. Work-study earnings are not applied to tuition costs but are meant to go toward a student's out-of-pocket expenses, such as books, travel, and personal care items. Dartmouth's Student Employment Office lists jobs and helps students to find Work-Study placements.