Sunset on the beach - logically this is probably a Seattle beach
« All Posts by this Blogger
The snowball fight commences with snow everywhere. Dartmouth Hall is seen in the background, with countless students in the foreground. No clear subject of the photo; too dark to see much at all.

I've been eager to write an hour-by-hour blog post for quite some time. I guess I did when I was sick (you can read that here:, but that wasn't exactly fun. So, here we are. This is a breakdown of one of the best days I've had at Dartmouth yet.

7:00 a.m.

Despite it being a Sunday, I woke up bright and early to see whether ski instructor training was cancelled. My supervisor told us that he would know if the bus could make it through the snow by 7:00, so I assumed we were still on since I didn't see a new email in my inbox. Wearily, I went back to sleep for an hour.

7:45 a.m.

To my surprise, I saw a text from my friend that training was cancelled! Despite loving my training on Saturday, I was happy to have the chance to sleep in. I needed it after a hectic first few days back on campus (I only got here 5 days ago!). I drifted back to sleep after watching a couple minutes of a series for my Education class.

11:30 a.m.

Time to get up for real! I texted my friend, Clara, at the gym to see whether she wanted to come over to my dorm so we could walk to the dining hall together. Once we chatted for a while on my floor, we bundled up to venture over to the Green.

12:30 p.m.

After parting ways with Clara so she could take a nap, I met up with two friends at Foco (The Class of 1953 Commons, our food hall). I ate a delicious lunch of BBQ chicken, Spanish rice, and roasted carrots accompanied by a brand-new type of chocolate(?!) coffee. I secretly love it when Foco goes all out for little things like boujee coffee.

1:00 p.m.

I headed to the library to get some work done. Since I thought that I would be in training all day, I had already finished my homework for the weekend. Trying to be more proactive in 2024, I decided to work ahead on some tasks like finishing my study abroad applications and batching some blog posts.

A view from a large Tower Room window at night. Snow is on the Green.
My view from the Tower Room while working.

4:00 p.m.

I head over to Foco for a quick snack. It was my first time trying Foco fries and I thought they were pretty good! I even added some buffalo spices from the seasoning station which made them extra delicious. I wrapped up my snack with a sweet treat of a Granny Smith apple with Nutella.

5:00 p.m.

Time to head back to the library! I kept working on my blog posts and continued watching some of my Education series. At this point in the day, I was keeping my eyes peeled for an email from Dr. Seuss…*

7:00 p.m.

I packed up my work for the night and headed to a blogger dinner and meeting in McNutt Hall (the Admissions building, among other things). As bloggers, we said goodbye to Kevin Donohue as our boss (sad) and hello to new admissions officer Will Kieger (happy)! After eating some pizza and meeting more of my fellow colleagues – we don't spend a lot of time together in-person! – I decided to go watch some football in Collis, our student center.

9:45 p.m.

After watching some of the Bills game with my friend, I decided that it was time for me to go to bed without a word of the snowball fight. I bundled back up and walked through the snow; a more peaceful night than expected, but wonderful nonetheless.

11:00 p.m.

On the verge of falling asleep, I checked my email one last time. To my surprise, Theodore Giesel popped into my inbox. I got out of bed, changed into warmer clothes, and headed out for the best night of the year.

A selfie of me post-snowball fight. My hair is wet and I have a surprised expression on my face. I am wearing a large green coat.
The only photo I got during or after the snowball fight. It was epic, to say the least.

*If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this blog post:

Posts You Might Like