Ingredients for a Powerful Application
It's All About Who You Are
What will impress us and be most helpful to us in determining how you will enhance the Dartmouth community is getting to know the true you. Put your personal story, your accomplishments, your interests, and your motivations into your application. We want to know why and how you do what you do.
Personal Essay Dos and Don'ts
- Do make it personal.
- Do focus on a topic of interest to you. Choose an experience, a class, a person, an issue that truly matters to you.
- Don't try to summarize your entire life or high school career.
- Don't write about an awesome person in your life. Instead, write about how you have changed because of that awesome person.
- Do be authentic. If you're always funny, be funny. But if you're the serious type, show us that side of you.
- Don't assume a persona you think will appeal to us or try to be someone you are not.
- Remember to proofread. (Really. Spellcheck isn't sufficient.)