The Epicenter of Your Dartmouth Journey
For 10 weeks during the summer between your sophomore and junior years, the Dartmouth campus is yours, and all your classmates will be there.
This is Sophomore Summer.
Academics, research planning, career exploration, leadership, service, cultural and outdoor adventures—these are the cornerstones of Sophomore Summer.
- Schedule a full slate of courses (typically three classes) and plan your major.
- Develop a strong working relationship with your subject-area librarian—a key collaborator for your upcoming research projects.
- Take charge of campus clubs and service organizations at a time when the entire campus is dedicated to you and your classmates.
- Explore Hanover and the surrounding region on your own or through dozens of Dartmouth outdoor programs.
- Share Dartmouth with your family during Sophomore Family Weekend in July (planned by you and your classmates in collaboration with the Collis Center for Student Involvement).
The Undergraduate Deans Office is a treasure trove of resources to help you make the most of your entire sophomore year—including Sophomore Summer.