Visits & Events Sign-up
Visit campus–it’s the best way to experience Dartmouth!
Information for Visitors
Registration for information sessions and tours is strongly recommended. This will enable us to better estimate room capacity and alert registrants to possible schedule or venue changes.
Admissions Information Sessions (45 minute • All are welcome): Our information session will introduce you to life at Dartmouth and provide useful information on the admissions and financial aid process. (Please note that during busy times, information sessions are held in alternate locations across campus. Please register your visit so we can alert you to those changes.)
Campus Tours (1 hour • All are welcome): On our campus tour, a current student will walk you around campus and share Dartmouth stories.
Student-to-Student Forums: A student-only Q&A (Students welcome • Parents, we can give you recomendations of other things you can do during this time): These informal forums are a great opportunity for high school students to connect with current Dartmouth students and hear about their Dartmouth experiences. These forums are offered on select Saturdays. Please check the Visit Calendar for availability.
Special Visit Days (All are welcome): Visit campus on select days and attend a planned program for prospective students. Please check the Special Visit Days page for more information.
Regular Office Hours
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- During office hours, our phone lines are open.
Reception Area Hours
Visitors may wait in our reception area for tours, pick up a campus map, talk to a current student, or just grab a cup of coffee.
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Please check the Visit Calendar for availability.
Tips for a Successful Visit
- Register your visit through our Visit Calendar. Pre-registration will allow for quick and easy check-in when you arrive.
- Review the information contained in your visit confirmation email. We share tips for parking and other important information that will save you time on the day of your visit.
- Arrive at the Admissions Office at least 15 minutes early for your visit. On busy days we must hold info sessions in alternate locations on campus. Checking in early ensures that you will get to the event on time.
- Campus Tours are one-hour walking tours. We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Check the Hanover weather before you leave home. If there is a chance of rain, bring an umbrella. The tours go out in all types of weather, however, we do reserve the right to cancel the walking tour and hold a virtual tour inside, if the weather poses a danger to our student Tour Guides and visitors. This happens on rare occasions, such as a thunderstorm, blizzard, ice storm, etc.
- We see the highest volume of visitors on Monday and Friday mornings. Consider planning a visit either for an afternoon session, or a mid-week visit.
- High school vacation periods and the entire months of July and August are our peak visit periods. Tours and info sessions will be crowded during these periods. Our summer visitors are able to see Dartmouth in action, as our sophomores are on campus for Sophomore Summer, taking classes, holding down leadership roles, and enjoying all that Hanover and the surrounding areas have to offer!
Group tours and information sessions are typically offered at one of our regularly scheduled tour and information session times. Please contact our office at least one month in advance to schedule a group visit. Once we receive your request, our group visit coordinator will contact you to confirm whether or not we can accommodate your group at your requested time and date. A confirmed reservation is required for groups of 10 or more. If approved, we will contact you to confirm the itinerary and details for your visit. In the event we are unable to accommodate your group, you are still welcome to stop by our office and we will be happy to provide you with campus maps for a self-guided tour. Please note:
- We cannot accommodate large groups when classes are not in session or during the month of April.
- Monday and Friday mornings are the busiest. Please consider planning your group visit for the afternoon, or mid-week.