The beautiful Connecticut River Valley, celebrated regional theater, must-try restaurants, classic New England shops, and the bustling life of the College: all of these elements combine to form a place that’s frankly ideal.
- Peep at changing leaves on your walk to a football game.
- Count the tiers in the roaring homecoming bonfire.
- Shop at the farmers’ market on the green, or go pick those apples yourself.
- Hear some great jazz played by our students in the famous Barbary Coast Ensemble.
- Tour the art collection at the Hood Museum.
- Skate on Occom Pond and toast marshmallows ice-side.
- Zoom down the slopes at the Dartmouth Skiway during our world-renowned Winter Carnival.
- Catch Hollywood’s latest on screen at the Hopkins Center when Dartmouth alums preview their films on campus.
- Star watch from the Observatory on the hill. (Students can also check out telescopes and try them out all over campus.)
- Get your hands dirty and learn about sustainable agriculture on Dartmouth’s Organic Farm.
- Learn to love these three words: maple syrup sugaring.
- Watch dance groups perform all over campus.
- Sample the best gelato in the country on your way to watch movies outside on the Green.
- Enjoy the talent at Opera North.
- Stay overnight at Dartmouth's Moosilauke Ravine Lodge.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail (it cuts through downtown Hanover before ascending back into the woods) or ride a bike over the many covered bridges nearby.
Visit the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce for more ideas.