Admissions Apply

Undocumented Students

Dartmouth is committed to inclusion and diversity.

Applying for Admission

We welcome your application!

  • Undocumented and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students apply the same way that U.S. citizens and permanent residents do. Apply here for Early Decision or here for Regular Decision.
  • You will not be considered an international applicant if you live in the U.S.
  • Citizenship or financial status will not affect your application outcome. 
  • You do not need a Social Security number to use the Common Application; that field can be left blank.
  • If your family situation seems complicated, please contact us so we can help you through the application process.

Your Admissions contact is Emma McLeavey-Weeder

Applying for Financial Aid

We can help. 

  • Undocumented and DACA students receive Dartmouth’s need-based financial aid in the same way that U.S. citizens or permanent residents do. 
  • We will meet 100% of your demonstrated need, using Dartmouth's financial aid, based on these forms
  • Because federal funds are not available, you will not fill out the FAFSA.

Your Financial Aid contact is Patricia M. Briggs

Your Support Network

When you come to Dartmouth, we will support you.

CoFIRED - Dartmouth Coalition for Immigration Reform, Equality and DREAMers

CoFIRED on Facebook - Interact with current CoFIRED students in real time

OVIS - Dartmouth Office of Visa and Immigration Service

Answers to your Questions 

What does need-based financial aid mean?

We will calculate how much we expect that your family can pay toward your college education, and whatever remains on the bill will be paid through Dartmouth's financial aid.

How is Financial Aid given?

Financial Aid funds may include need-based scholarship, campus employment, and if appropriate, a loan.

Can I apply without DACA status?

Yes, all undocumented students may apply for admission to Dartmouth and for Dartmouth's financial aid.

Am I eligible for financial aid?

Yes. Indicate an interest in financial aid on the Common Application, and complete these forms. We will meet 100% of your demonstrated need with Dartmouth's financial aid. 

What happens to my financial aid if I become a citizen or permanent resident later?

If you become a U.S. citizen or permanent resident you will be eligible for federal funds. Regardless, our commitment to meeting 100% of demonstrated need remains the same.